CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Two Weeks and Counting

We are leaving for China two weeks from today!! Two years suddenly translated into two weeks!! This is FINALLY going to happen!! Ready or not :0)

9 comments:

laurel said...

WOOT, WOOT! Baby day is coming!!I was just thinking, don't know if I mentioned about the "runs" you can get. One Passey got sick and 3 of our 7 did. You can't take ammodium AD since it is a bacteria you get. Our doctors gave us the Z-Pack (I think that was it) and we took the antibiotic to get better. Really worked fast on those little bugs. Just a few things I know weren't on the list you get that we found useful: Antibacterial hand wipes, TP, "runs" antibiotic, snacks from the USA, small Gatoride/Pedialite bottles if you or baby gets sick, new money, an over the neck passport/money carrier (Target)(This was priceless), converters, cold meds, baby Tylenol and Motrin (very valuable. I had other parents borrowing it). Also I wish I had taken more baby outfits. I was careful due to packing, but I forgot how babies are so messy. I was short, wished I had more outfits.All I can think of right now. Also, they didn't let us in the orphanage, just outside. But, that was even worth it. And seeing her finding spot was priceless. We also went to the Buddist Temple in the town she was found and had a blessing for her! Very cool and the people were so honored. There is also a temple in GZ you can get the blessing at, if you can't in her town. The Passey's did that. I am glad they are going to try to let you visit. Its great. Hope it works out so you can. I think our extra trip to the orphanage was around $200.00. It was a 2.5 hour ride one way. Sorry so long!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Two weeks will zip by. Gotcha Day is forever etched in my memory. We will be with you and praying for you!

Rockwell Family said...

Congratulations! The trip will be magical and gotcha day is a miracle! Our thoughts and prayer are with you as you continue your journey.

laurel said...

How are things going? Do you feel like you are ready?

Eliza2006 said...

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you! I can't wait to see Sophi with her family!!!

Tiffany

Sister~Mom said...

Laurel, Thanks, for all your advice. It helps us out. :0)

Sister~Mom said...

Rockwells & Passeys, Thanks,for all well wishes and we appreciate your thoughts and prayers on our behalf.

Sister~Mom said...

Tiffany,
It will be quite a moment when we recieve Sophi on Baby day SO EXCITING!

Sister~Mom said...

Laurel,
We are working on things and things are fine just alot to get done and time is ticking.